What’s the Point?

24 May

Yes, there’s a new look to the blog and more surprises to come.  To celebrate, I am launching a weekly game, called  “What’s the Point?” Here’s how it works: I post a picture of food on Thursday, and you have until Sunday 8 AM to guess the points value. Each week there is a winner!  After 10 weeks there will be a grand prize (and it’s a good one). All prizes, although valuable, will be zero points.

Okay, here’s the picture.  I call it “Virtuous Friday Night.”  By the way, that amazing spread was prepared by my amazing husband.  I’ll give you a hint, since this is the first week — that is a piece of Challah on the plate. A virtuous serving that I weighed on the scale before placing on the plate. (And yes, I went back for more Challah. I may be virtuous but I’m not inhuman.)

[Reminder – this is NOT official Weight Watchers® calculations – it’s Ivy calculations.]

Image

8 Responses to “What’s the Point?”

1. Lisa Smith Molinari May 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

Ivy – love the new look! Nice photo; it’s making me hungry! Of course you have red wine in an Italian-style stemless glass and a torn piece of bread rather than sliced – you’re such a New Yorker! I am thinking 7 points, but I have only done WW once. And if you got more Challah, then I’d bring it up to 9. But back to the photo – is that a rustic antique table? Now I want to see photos of your house!

• schmeightschmatchers May 25, 2012 at 12:00 am #

That table is VERY rustic. So rustic, in fact, that someone else was throwing it out 7 years ago and left it on the curb. We retrieved it and gave it a home – most of our house is like that! Come visit!

2. Carla Schuricht May 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Ms. Ivy, ok im guessing by whats in the picture only. wine 4, rice 3, salad & veg 0, bread 3, chicken ( it is chicken?) 3 = 13 (man it adds up fast)

3. Gabi Coatsworth May 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Are those roast potatoes or something else? I think we need the details. I thought the challah was a piece of chicken breast with the skin on (gazillion points…)

4. oshelray May 28, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

I would have guessed 8. But I’m too late to play the game. I’ll have to pay attention to the post next Thursday.

• schmeightschmatchers May 28, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

You were darn close! Actually, the chicken may have been 2 and not 3 – it was chunked and I didn’t weigh it, so it may not have been a whole breast.
      Try again next week!

5. Sharon May 29, 2012 at 12:01 am #

The meal looked yummy. I haven’t been to weight watchers since they switched from counting servings to counting points. So I’m lost already. Love the new look.